May 5, 2009

Status Post

Bad News: well, I wasn't able to get into that duplex. The owners decided at the last minute that they didn't want to allow pets. It is their current policy and decided not to change it. I understand their position, it was just really frustrating to get that little bit of news in the 11th hour and after I have waited several months...patiently. I have been diligently searching for a new place to rent, that has a little yard for the dogs and under $700. Well that has turned impossible. I can't find anything under $900. And if I'm going to pay that much in rent I might as well just buy a duplex. So, that's what I'm doing; then at least I can rent out the other unit for part of the mortgage. I haven't found a place yet but I'm looking.
Good News: I don't' have the swine flu! I haven't come in contact with someone who has the swine flu and I haven't been in Mexico recently...but you never know! :)

4 comments:

Ambo said...

Oh, I feel so bad for you!! good luck! do you want to pitch a tent in my backyard?? You are a buffalo girl ya know....

sassy sase sightings said...

I am so sorry about the new place you were hoping for. Be sure you post pics of your new place when you get in to it. I have never seen a pic of your man before now. You should put some pics of your dogs up too. Keep smiling, I can't imagine you any other way!

Jody Neeley said...

Hi Niki! I saw you on Megan Hauze blog, and tracked you down! I used to work on Med Surg with you at Lakeview. How have you been? Check out our family blog if you get the chance! Jody Neeley

RissaB said...

Hey Niki... Zach might think that he is moving but I am staying right here... =) I told him if he wants to go he is more than welcome but I will not be coming along. Anyway how are things going with you finding a place? Good luck!

..