Lately there have been several books that I have read that have been turned into movies. And most of them I would have to agree with the norm that the book was way better than the movie. Finally an exception, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The movie wasn't better than the book but I felt it was equally as good. Having read the other books in this series and seen all of the previous movies, this was the only movie so far that didn't really follow along as closely with the book. The movie had additional parts that were not in the book and vice versa. It was done really well!! I have been so disappointed at the movies lately that I almost decided not to see any more movies when I had already read the book. Perhaps there is hope yet...
Here are some movie/book disappointments:
- My Sister's Keeper
- Angels and Demons (Also The Davinci Code)
- Twilight (though the preview for New Moon looks promising)
- The Golden Compass
3 comments:
I am happy to hear that, we are going to see the movie tonight! I agree with you on My sisters Keeper. They totally changed everything, especially the ending!
I have never understood why you would completely change the movie from how the author wrote the story. Some of the books I've read I refuse to see the movie for that reason, they totally ruin your image of the characters and story.
Thanks for keeping me going on a list of things to do. I'll add Harry Potter to my list of see soon movies. I'm going to read sister's keeper thanks to your venture in to the book club world.
Post a Comment