June 30, 2009

Book Club

Yep! I joined a book club...Okay it's really a wine/book club. I started attending last month. So, every month I'll post my opinion about the book we're reading that month for book club...and if there is a certain wine that really stuck out I'll post about it too. For the month of June we read My Sister's Keeper. It was an exceptional book about a family, one daughter with cancer and the other daughter with the possible ability to save her sister but refuses. You could laugh out loud on one page and grabbing for tissue on the next; an emotional roller coaster. Well worth the time. I even saw the movie this weekend; which didn't hold a candle to the book! For July we are reading Trash, Sex, Magic. It's a story about magical whores...yep magical whores. It's a current time fantasy book about two very good looking witches, their neighbors and the construction team that threatens to take their land. NOT worth the time. It was really hard to follow and the story kind of jumped around. Although, I will say the author is a very detailed and this allows for very vivid pictures. I know it's not even July yet, but I want to hurry and finish so I could re-read Harry Potter before the next movie comes out.

2 comments:

Ambo said...

I was just telling Jared I refuse to read or see My Sisters Keeper, because of my job. I didn't know you were that into reading. Sounds like you have all sorts of time to be helping me :)
Just Kidding, it sounds way fun!

Our Life said...

I so want to join the book club. Let me know when the next meeting is...or, at least let me know what book you will be reading. I can't guarantee I can get to the meetings, but I would like to follow along with the books!

..