September 1, 2009

My Last Day at Lakeview

Beloved Lakeview

My new home...hopefully some day beloved I am now a week into this new job. I do alot of the same clinical contract analysts stuff that I did at Lakeview it's just on a bigger scale now with more responsibilities. Do I love it? It will take some time but I'm sure I'll get there. My office furniture hasn't arrived yet...apparently everything for my office is on back order. I do have a phone and computer, and a card table and chair from the conference room, so it's kind of an office for now and it has a window...but don't get too excited for me, it's a window to the warehouse there's no great view. Lakeview gave me a farewell gift; a digital picture frame with pictures of all my friends at Lakeview. I love it! But it makes me miss them all so much! I'm making new friends. We have an hour for lunch everyday, so it's really nice to have a huge park across the street to go walk around or sit in the shade and read, it's very relaxing. The hardest part is after being outside in a park, in the beautiful weather, you have to spend the last 20 minutes of your lunch trying to talk yourself into going back to work. I do have to travel more with this new position but it won't be too often and shouldn't be for longer than a couple days. The girl in the office next to mine told me that last year they were in California for three weeks trying to finish a big project....I really hope I never have to do that! I'm learing so much and I am, so far, enjoying the challenge!

4 comments:

RABarrett said...

Wow! Congrats on the new job, I wish I had an hour for lunch.

Ambo said...

You could come visit me during that hour.....
Yes, congrats on the new job. And thanks for helping Jared get his job!

Brittany said...

Nik, I'm really excited for you. Oh, and did you get your laptop yet. :)

sassy sase sightings said...

I can't believe you are not at Lakeview. I'm not there either but just the thought of you moving on makes me sad inside. You have go to keep blogging about how it is all going I don't feel like I have total lost you. I know you will do great!

..