November 13, 2009

Physick Book of Deliverance Dane

This was the latest read for book club. It's about a girl named Connie. Connie is in grad school and is writing her dissertation about the Salem Witch trial. Her studies are put on hold when she is called to go clean out the home of her deceased grandmother. Connie comes across some interesting artifacts and finds herself a family relation to the Salem Witch trial. Witch craft, sorcery or just plain herbal medicine? As Connie searches for the answers mysterious things start to help; magical things. This was a good book. AND the most fascinating part was even though the book was fiction, the accounts of the Salem Witch trial are fact. Real names, real places, real excerpts. Fascinating read with a little history lesson too!!

2 comments:

Ambo said...

This sounds good, to bad I had to quit reading! I will remember it

Jody Neeley said...

How crazy, this was the book for our book club last month! I really liked it, I thought it was interesting that the author had relatives that were involved with the Salem witch trial. So many interesting facts about the trial that I didn't know. It was a good book!

..